A project by Len Necefer (Diné) created in March 2017 to increase the visibility and presence of indigenous people in the outdoors and outdoor recreation globally.
Get in touch!
Social Media: @nativesoutdoors
Our Mission & Vision
The mission of NativesOutdoors is to support indigenous people in outdoor spaces, outdoor recreation, and the outdoor industry
Our vision is to become the premier international advocacy group for indigenous peoples in the outdoors, outdoor recreation, and the outdoor industry.
What are our Goals for the next year?
- Increase the visibility of indigenous people in the outdoors, outdoor recreation, and the outdoor industry
- Convey images and stories of indigenous people in the outdoors, outdoor recreation, and the outdoor industry
- Share challenges to and advocate for indigenous land rights, access protocols, and respect for tribal lands.
- Support organizations that provide outdoor education and service learning to indigenous youth and other underserved communities.
- Support sustainable, culturally relevant outdoor recreation economies within indigenous communities.
- Promote the physical, mental, and spiritual wellness of indigenous peoples and communities.
What are our Objectives?
- Develop Benefits Corporation
- Develop an ambassador program for native athletes.
- Fund a Denali trip comprised of native climbers, majority female.
- Start a line of outdoor clothing that utilizes native artists and designers. Profits will support outdoor education organizations working with indigenous communities.